The CamServer application lets you turn your Android powered handset into a remote wireless camera that you can control with your computer's browser. You need to turn on your handset's Wi-Fi, and be connected to the same wireless network as your computer. You can take pictures in real time and display them directly on your computers browser. You simply connect to the address displayed on the handset's screen.
The CamServer application needs to run in the foreground for you to be able to connect to the phone and take pictures remotely, so remember to properly configure when your phone should go to sleep.
Here's an example of how to use the CamServer application.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your handset and connect to the same network as your computer
- Start the CamServer application on your handset
- Look at the screen and note the "Connect to:" address
- In your browser's address bar type address displayed on the handset's screen. In the screen above we have : "http://10.0.2.15:8080/". Hit enter to open the page
- Your browser should now display the main menu of the CamServer app
- Take some pictures
- Return to the main menu
- Goto the image list, to review the images you've just captured