Version 184.108.40.206 of the CamServer application is out. This version lets you control video and audio recording. Once a video has been recorded, you can download it directly to your computer by going to the videos list.
- Remote control your phone's camera
- Take pictures with your phones camera using your computer's browser
- Start recording video and audio using your computer's browser
- Download the recorded videos to you computer using your browser
- On screen preview to let you point the camera correctly
The CamServer application lets you turn your Android powered handset into a remote wireless camera that you can control with your computer's browser. You need to turn on your handset's Wi-Fi, and be connected to the same wireless network as your computer. You can take pictures in real time and display them directly on your computers browser. You simply connect to the address displayed on the handset's screen.
The CamServer application needs to run in the foreground for you to be able to connect to the phone and take pictures remotely, so remember to properly configure when your phone should go to sleep.
Here's an example of how to use the CamServer application.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your handset and connect to the same network as your computer
- Start the CamServer application on your handset
- Look at the screen and note the "Connect to:" address
- In your browser's address bar type address displayed on the handset's screen. In the screen above we have : "http://10.0.2.15:8080/". Hit enter to open the page
- Your browser should now display the main menu of the CamServer app
- Take some pictures
- Return to the main menu
- Goto the image list, to review the images you've just captured
- Start recording video
- Stop the recording
- Goto the video's list to download the videos you just recorded.